Buddha`s relics to be hosted
Gangtok: The Enchey Monastery here will host the sacred relics of Sakyamuni Buddha and two of his chief followers, Sariputta and Maha Moggollan, for darshan by the people later this month.
Sikkim Buddhist Duechen Organisation, in collaboration with other Buddhist and social organizations, is organizing the exposition and darshan of the sacred relics in association with the Mahabodhi Society, Kolkata.
The exposition of the sacred relics will be held at Enchey Monastery here from February 18 to 20 and then move to Namchi Allay Serdup Monastery on February 22 and finally to Tashiding Monastery on February 25 and 26.
Addressing a press conference today, SBDO president Pasong Namgyal said that the initiative was to "refresh the teachings of Sakyamuni Buddha and enlighten human minds through an exposition of the sacred relics."
The relics are expected to arrive in Gangtok on 16 February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan