Buddha`s relics to be hosted
Gangtok: The Enchey Monastery here will host the sacred relics of Sakyamuni Buddha and two of his chief followers, Sariputta and Maha Moggollan, for darshan by the people later this month.
Sikkim Buddhist Duechen Organisation, in collaboration with other Buddhist and social organizations, is organizing the exposition and darshan of the sacred relics in association with the Mahabodhi Society, Kolkata.
The exposition of the sacred relics will be held at Enchey Monastery here from February 18 to 20 and then move to Namchi Allay Serdup Monastery on February 22 and finally to Tashiding Monastery on February 25 and 26.
Addressing a press conference today, SBDO president Pasong Namgyal said that the initiative was to "refresh the teachings of Sakyamuni Buddha and enlighten human minds through an exposition of the sacred relics."
The relics are expected to arrive in Gangtok on 16 February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof