Buddha`s relics to be hosted
Gangtok: The Enchey Monastery here will host the sacred relics of Sakyamuni Buddha and two of his chief followers, Sariputta and Maha Moggollan, for darshan by the people later this month.
Sikkim Buddhist Duechen Organisation, in collaboration with other Buddhist and social organizations, is organizing the exposition and darshan of the sacred relics in association with the Mahabodhi Society, Kolkata.
The exposition of the sacred relics will be held at Enchey Monastery here from February 18 to 20 and then move to Namchi Allay Serdup Monastery on February 22 and finally to Tashiding Monastery on February 25 and 26.
Addressing a press conference today, SBDO president Pasong Namgyal said that the initiative was to "refresh the teachings of Sakyamuni Buddha and enlighten human minds through an exposition of the sacred relics."
The relics are expected to arrive in Gangtok on 16 February.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch