Bullets found in Arunachal official`s luggage
Nagpur: An assistant PWD engineer with the Arunachal Pradesh government was on Sunday arrested for carrying 43 live cartridges at the city airport here on Sunday before he was to board a Delhi-bound flight, police said.
45-year-old Karbo Rido was initially detained by security personnel while boarding a Delhi flight en route to Guwahati at the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport, they said.
Rido told the police that he was returning home after visiting his daughter, who was studying engineering at Chandrapur near here.
The bag containing live cartridges was brought by mistake, he told the police, adding he had travelled with the bag all the way from Itanagar via Kolkata and Nagpur.
Rido was formally arrested by the Sonegaon police under relevant sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing