Bullets found in Arunachal official`s luggage
Nagpur: An assistant PWD engineer with the Arunachal Pradesh government was on Sunday arrested for carrying 43 live cartridges at the city airport here on Sunday before he was to board a Delhi-bound flight, police said.
45-year-old Karbo Rido was initially detained by security personnel while boarding a Delhi flight en route to Guwahati at the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport, they said.
Rido told the police that he was returning home after visiting his daughter, who was studying engineering at Chandrapur near here.
The bag containing live cartridges was brought by mistake, he told the police, adding he had travelled with the bag all the way from Itanagar via Kolkata and Nagpur.
Rido was formally arrested by the Sonegaon police under relevant sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon