Businessman kidnapped for ransom in Manipur
Imphal: A businessman has been allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint by suspected militants from Kangla gate in the heart of the city here, official sources said on Thursday.
Shankar Lal Sahi, proprietor of Mangalam Plywood factory at Kangpokpi in Senapati district of Manipur, was abducted while he was taking a stroll at Kangla gate area near the biggest Khwairamband market complex here yesterday morning, they said.
The abductors have allegedly demanded a huge sum of money for his release, they added.
Imphal city police have registered a case in this connection. Sahi is a native of Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH