Businessman kidnapped for ransom in Manipur
Imphal: A businessman has been allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint by suspected militants from Kangla gate in the heart of the city here, official sources said on Thursday.
Shankar Lal Sahi, proprietor of Mangalam Plywood factory at Kangpokpi in Senapati district of Manipur, was abducted while he was taking a stroll at Kangla gate area near the biggest Khwairamband market complex here yesterday morning, they said.
The abductors have allegedly demanded a huge sum of money for his release, they added.
Imphal city police have registered a case in this connection. Sahi is a native of Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!