By-elections to 2 Assam assembly seats on Nov 7
Guwahati: By-elections to South Salmara and Dhekiajuli assembly constituencies in Assam will be held on November seven.
Chief Election Officer Hemanta Narzary said today that the last date for filing of papers was October 21 and the date of scrutiny was October 21. The last date for withdrawal was October 24.
The entire election process would be completed by November 16 and voting would be held from 7 a.m. to 4 pm on November 7.
The seats fell vacant after All India United Democratic Front (AIDUF) chief Badruddin Ajmal, representing South Salmara assembly constituency, was elected to Lok Sabha
from Dhubri and AGP`s Joseph Toppo, representing Dhekiajuli, was elected from Sonitpur parliamentary constituency.
Ajmal had resigned from the assembly on May 26 while Toppo quit on May 29 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!