C. Balasubramaniam new Tripura Police chief
Agartala: C. Balasubramaniam, a 1981 batch Manipur-Tripura cadre Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, was appointed director general of Tripura Police, an official said on Monday.
Balasubramaniam succeeds Sanjay Sinha, who retired from service June 30.
"Balasubramaniam, who had served the north-eastern state in different capacities earlier, was the additional director general of CRPF (North East) before being appointed head of Tripura Police," an official of the home department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister