Cabinet Committee on NRC formed in Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
has formed a Cabinet Committee with Revenue Minister Bhumidhar
Barman as chairman to examine the difficulties being faced in
the process of updating National Register of Citizens (NRC) in
In a fax message sent to chief secretary N K Das from
Mumbai, where he is likely to undergo a surgery on August 4,
Gogoi said the committee will make recommendations to make the
process simple and convenient, officials said here today.
The other members of the Cabinet Committee are
Cultural Affairs Minister Bharat Narah, Water Resources
Minister Prithibi Majhi, Excise Minister Gautam Roy, Urban
Development Minister Dinesh Prasad Goala, Forest Minister
Rockybul Hussain, Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta
Biswa Sarma, Handloom and Textile Minister Pranab Gogoi,
Minister for Welfare of Minorities Dr Nazrul Islam and
Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Chandan Brahma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him