Cabinet Committee on NRC formed in Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
has formed a Cabinet Committee with Revenue Minister Bhumidhar
Barman as chairman to examine the difficulties being faced in
the process of updating National Register of Citizens (NRC) in
In a fax message sent to chief secretary N K Das from
Mumbai, where he is likely to undergo a surgery on August 4,
Gogoi said the committee will make recommendations to make the
process simple and convenient, officials said here today.
The other members of the Cabinet Committee are
Cultural Affairs Minister Bharat Narah, Water Resources
Minister Prithibi Majhi, Excise Minister Gautam Roy, Urban
Development Minister Dinesh Prasad Goala, Forest Minister
Rockybul Hussain, Health and Family Welfare Minister Himanta
Biswa Sarma, Handloom and Textile Minister Pranab Gogoi,
Minister for Welfare of Minorities Dr Nazrul Islam and
Panchayat and Rural Development Minister Chandan Brahma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting
- Alan Pulido: Mexican footballer kidnapping sets off massive manhunt
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers