Campaigning for CADC election ends
Aizawl: Campaigning for the election to the 20-member Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC) to be held on Wednesday, ended at 5 PM on Monday.
An electorate of 25,694 which included 12,809 women, would seal the fate of 47 candidates during voting from seven AM on April 17.
Counting of votes would be held at Kamlanagar`s SDO (Civil) office complex on April 19.
The ruling Congress and the opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) contested all the 20 seats while seven independents were also in the fray.
Deputy Secretary of the state election commission H. Lianzela said there were 68 polling stations.
Lianzela said that electronic voting machines (EVM) and voters slip with photographs (VSP) would be used in the autonomous district councils for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands