Campaigning for Nagaland Assembly polls ends today
Kohima: Campaigning for the Nagaland Assembly elections will come to an end Thursday evening.
Almost all the political parties have roped in their national leaders to campaign for the polls and are trying to reach the maximum voters through rallies and visits.
The ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF) led by the Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio is busy in wooing the electorates throughout the state.
The Congress Party, which is also leaving no stone unturned in garnering people`s support to return to power, is being led by the Congress Legislature Party leader Tokheho.
To boost up the party`s morale, the Congress has so far brought several prominent and influential central leaders, including UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, to campaign here.
The ruling NPF is fielding candidates in all the 60 seats while Congress has set up 57 candidates, the NCP 15, BJP 11, JD (U) 3, RJD 2, UNDP one and Independent 39.
Altogether there are 188 candidates, including two women aspirants in the fray for the polls to be held on Saturday.
In 2008 election, Nagaland Peoples Front won 26 seats; Indian National Congress won 23 seats. And BJP and Independent parties won 2 and 7 seats respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested