Cash withdrawal racket busted in Arunachal
Itanagar: A racket allegedly involved in unauthorised withdrawal of cash from SBI customers` accounts through online transaction has been busted by the police here and four persons were arrested from Assam?s Barpeta district in this connection.
The police arrested Mukibul Islam, Habib Ahmed, Razzaqul Islam and Rafikul Islam on Sunday, two months after the arrest of Shariful Islam, another accused, here on September 25, capital SP Surinder Kumar said here today.
A laptop, a mobile handset and two memory cards were seized from the house of one of the arrested, the SP said.
Kumar said that the arrests followed several complaints of unauthorised withdrawal of money to the police a few months ago from SBI customers.
The accused said that they collected unsuspecting SBI customers` ATM card details, including passwords, by visiting ATM counters in Itanagar.
After collecting the ATM card details, they used to sent an SMS containing the data to their associates at Barpeta who in turn made withdrawals by ordering electronic goods through various online payment gateways.
The accused sold the electronic goods at discount from their shops at Barpeta.
Till now Rs 12 lakh from around 20 SBI customers have been looted, the SP said.
The arrested were produced before the judicial magistrate yesterday, who remanded them to seven days? police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan