CBI investigates border fencing scam
Aizawl: The CBI has started an investigation
into the alleged multi-crore scam in the construction of Indo-Bangladesh border fencing in south Mizoram`s Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC), official sources said Friday.
The investigation was launched following a complaint
filed by Laxmi Bikash Chakma, BJP President of the CADC who
alleged massive misappropriation of funds by Congress leaders,
officials of the CADC and the National Projects Construction
Corporation, which is one of the contractors of the
318-km-long international border fencing.
The CBI team arrived in Chawngte town, the headquarters
of the CADC, on February eight and has been quietly
investigating the fraudulent payment of compensation to the
affected families involving more than Rs five crore.
Earlier, the state Governor, who is the Administrator of
the autonomous district councils, had already given prosecution sanction to the CBI on August 30 last year and
criminal cases under relevant sections of the Prevention of
Corruption Act and the IPC have already been registered.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill