CBI investigates border fencing scam
Aizawl: The CBI has started an investigation
into the alleged multi-crore scam in the construction of Indo-Bangladesh border fencing in south Mizoram`s Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC), official sources said Friday.
The investigation was launched following a complaint
filed by Laxmi Bikash Chakma, BJP President of the CADC who
alleged massive misappropriation of funds by Congress leaders,
officials of the CADC and the National Projects Construction
Corporation, which is one of the contractors of the
318-km-long international border fencing.
The CBI team arrived in Chawngte town, the headquarters
of the CADC, on February eight and has been quietly
investigating the fraudulent payment of compensation to the
affected families involving more than Rs five crore.
Earlier, the state Governor, who is the Administrator of
the autonomous district councils, had already given prosecution sanction to the CBI on August 30 last year and
criminal cases under relevant sections of the Prevention of
Corruption Act and the IPC have already been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...