CBI investigates border fencing scam
Aizawl: The CBI has started an investigation
into the alleged multi-crore scam in the construction of Indo-Bangladesh border fencing in south Mizoram`s Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC), official sources said Friday.
The investigation was launched following a complaint
filed by Laxmi Bikash Chakma, BJP President of the CADC who
alleged massive misappropriation of funds by Congress leaders,
officials of the CADC and the National Projects Construction
Corporation, which is one of the contractors of the
318-km-long international border fencing.
The CBI team arrived in Chawngte town, the headquarters
of the CADC, on February eight and has been quietly
investigating the fraudulent payment of compensation to the
affected families involving more than Rs five crore.
Earlier, the state Governor, who is the Administrator of
the autonomous district councils, had already given prosecution sanction to the CBI on August 30 last year and
criminal cases under relevant sections of the Prevention of
Corruption Act and the IPC have already been registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur