Central damage assessment team tour West Sikkim
Gangtok: A 9-member central damage
assessment team visited September-18 earthquake affected areas
in West Sikkim district, official sources said on Tuesday.
The team, headed by Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home
Affairs, Shambhu Singh, visited several areas of the district
in two groups yesterday, the sources said.
The team mainly assessed the damage caused to houses,
roads, water and power supply structures besides agriculture
The team also visited relief camps and interacted with
the people lodged there, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah