Central damage assessment team tour West Sikkim
Gangtok: A 9-member central damage
assessment team visited September-18 earthquake affected areas
in West Sikkim district, official sources said on Tuesday.
The team, headed by Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home
Affairs, Shambhu Singh, visited several areas of the district
in two groups yesterday, the sources said.
The team mainly assessed the damage caused to houses,
roads, water and power supply structures besides agriculture
The team also visited relief camps and interacted with
the people lodged there, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt