Central damage assessment team tour West Sikkim
Gangtok: A 9-member central damage
assessment team visited September-18 earthquake affected areas
in West Sikkim district, official sources said on Tuesday.
The team, headed by Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home
Affairs, Shambhu Singh, visited several areas of the district
in two groups yesterday, the sources said.
The team mainly assessed the damage caused to houses,
roads, water and power supply structures besides agriculture
The team also visited relief camps and interacted with
the people lodged there, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey