Central damage assessment team tour West Sikkim
Gangtok: A 9-member central damage
assessment team visited September-18 earthquake affected areas
in West Sikkim district, official sources said on Tuesday.
The team, headed by Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home
Affairs, Shambhu Singh, visited several areas of the district
in two groups yesterday, the sources said.
The team mainly assessed the damage caused to houses,
roads, water and power supply structures besides agriculture
The team also visited relief camps and interacted with
the people lodged there, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate