Central team to visit Arunachal to assess loss in floods
Itanagar: A central team would visit
Arunachal Pradesh in November or December to assess the loss
caused to the state by the recent floods.
"A Central team will visit the state either in
November or December to assess the quantum of damages and
announce relief under the natural calamity fund," Chief
Minister Dorjee Khandu told a press conference here yesterday.
The state government has asked for central relief of
600 crore for meeting the losses due to the floods.
Khandu said that the state government had released Rs
20 lakhs as immediate relief to the next of kin of the
deceased and the injured persons as per norms.
The three districts of West Siang, Upper Siang and
East Siang had been severely affected by flash floods
triggered by incessant rain since September one, claiming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September