Central team to visit Arunachal to assess loss in floods
Itanagar: A central team would visit
Arunachal Pradesh in November or December to assess the loss
caused to the state by the recent floods.
"A Central team will visit the state either in
November or December to assess the quantum of damages and
announce relief under the natural calamity fund," Chief
Minister Dorjee Khandu told a press conference here yesterday.
The state government has asked for central relief of
600 crore for meeting the losses due to the floods.
Khandu said that the state government had released Rs
20 lakhs as immediate relief to the next of kin of the
deceased and the injured persons as per norms.
The three districts of West Siang, Upper Siang and
East Siang had been severely affected by flash floods
triggered by incessant rain since September one, claiming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption