Central team to visit Arunachal to assess loss in floods
Itanagar: A central team would visit
Arunachal Pradesh in November or December to assess the loss
caused to the state by the recent floods.
"A Central team will visit the state either in
November or December to assess the quantum of damages and
announce relief under the natural calamity fund," Chief
Minister Dorjee Khandu told a press conference here yesterday.
The state government has asked for central relief of
600 crore for meeting the losses due to the floods.
Khandu said that the state government had released Rs
20 lakhs as immediate relief to the next of kin of the
deceased and the injured persons as per norms.
The three districts of West Siang, Upper Siang and
East Siang had been severely affected by flash floods
triggered by incessant rain since September one, claiming
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday