Centre and Assam accused of ignoring infiltration
Karimganj (Assam): Both the UPA and Assam governments have ignored infiltration from Bangladesh, BJP state unit President Sarbananda Sonowal alleged today.
"The central and state governments have failed to evolve a coordinated policy to tackle the menace of illegal immigrants in Assam and also for effective border management," Sonowal told a party workers` meet here.
He accused Congress led governments of playing politics with the issue which, he said, had led to serious demographic distortion threatening the identity of the indigenous people of the state.
Sonowal expressed unhappiness with the unfinished barbed-wire fencing on the border and alleged that the state government’s move to hand certain land in the state to Bangladesh, was to placate Bangladeshis.
He also alleged that the Centre and state governments treated the Barak valley with apathy with development work stagnating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS