Centre urged to set up CBSE regional office at Itanagar
Itanagar: Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy has urged the Centre to establish a regional office of Central Board of Secondary Education at Itanagar for the convenience of students of Arunchal Pradesh.
In a letter to Union HRD Minister Pallam Raju on Thursday, Sanjoy said that considering that almost all schools in the state were affiliated to CBSE, the Centre should set up a new regional office at Itanagar to cater to the needs of students and schools.
Stating that the regional office of the CBSE has been functioning at Guwahati, he said the state government has already demanded it at Itanagar. Sanjoy said.
"I request you to kindly expedite establishment of regional office at Itanagar or arrange to shift the present regional office from Guwahati to Itanagar at the earliest possible time," Sanjoy said in his letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Thousands rally in Turkey to mark May Day amid tight security
- After Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, forest fire now rages in J&K
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan