Centre urged to set up CBSE regional office at Itanagar
Itanagar: Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy has urged the Centre to establish a regional office of Central Board of Secondary Education at Itanagar for the convenience of students of Arunchal Pradesh.
In a letter to Union HRD Minister Pallam Raju on Thursday, Sanjoy said that considering that almost all schools in the state were affiliated to CBSE, the Centre should set up a new regional office at Itanagar to cater to the needs of students and schools.
Stating that the regional office of the CBSE has been functioning at Guwahati, he said the state government has already demanded it at Itanagar. Sanjoy said.
"I request you to kindly expedite establishment of regional office at Itanagar or arrange to shift the present regional office from Guwahati to Itanagar at the earliest possible time," Sanjoy said in his letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof