Centre yet to decide on inner line permit: Manipur CM
Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh has said that Centre is yet to take a decision on the implementation of inner line permit system in the state even as the resolution of the state Assembly on the issue has been sent to the Union Home Ministry.
Speaking at the `anti-terrorism day` at Congress here Tuesday evening, Singh said any organisation should not take any anti-national action while demanding implementation of the inner line permit system in the state.
He said the state government was prepared to detect foreigners who entered the state without valid document but compatriots from other states could not be expelled from the state.
Singh`s comment followed the recent statement of the Joint Committee on Inner Line Permit System (JCILPS) that it (committee) would prevent entry of outsiders from June 1 if the inner line permit system was not implemented to protect the separate identities of indigenous people.
Sources in the JCILPS demanded immediate implementation of inner line system like in neighbouring Mizoram, Nagaland and Arunachal Pradesh.
It had said they would prevent entry of outsiders from June 1 to 5 and outsiders, already in the state, would not be allowed to enter local areas from June 6 to 10 as a part of the series of "democratic" stirs it would launch.
JCILPS sources said they were not against outsiders but wanted a system to restrict their entry so that separate identities of the local and indigenous people could be protected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read