Centre`s help required for `vibrant` Arunachal: CM
New Delhi: Seeking large "dose of
investment" from the Centre in Arunachal Pradesh, Chief
Minister Jarobam Gamlin on Saturday said no stone should be left
unturned in improving infrastructure in the "strategically
Addressing the National Development Council here, Gamlin
sought adequate central assistance during the 12th Five Year
Plan period, saying people want to realise the dream of "a
vibrant Arunachal" on par with areas they see across the
"Our strengths are Hindi-speaking and fiercely patriotic
population and their dream of realising a self-reliant and
vibrant Arunachal Pradesh on par with areas they see across
the border in terms of development," he said.
Noting that the state government does not have adequate
resource to build key infrastructure, he said every effort
must be made to improve infrastructure in the border state.
"About 1,700 km long international border and irrational
claims by an international neighbour makes it obligatory on
our part to leave no stone unturned in the development of this
area," he said.
"Arunachal Pradesh is strategically a very important
state and it is `special` even within the special category
states," he said, adding that "the people of this sensitive
border state will forever cherish" the attention given by the
Highlighting the vast potential of hydro-electric
projects, he said the state government has envisaged a
capacity addition of 10,000 MW of power during the 12th Plan
period. He said the estimated potential for power generation
through hydro-electric projects in the state is 57,000 MW.
Gamlin, seeking better transport connectivity, said the
government has set a target of 12 per cent growth during the
12th Plan period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!