Chamling calls for transparency in govt works
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar
Chamling Monday advocated transparency in implementation of projects including preparation of social estimates and holding mandatory public hearing in the Gram Sabha before undertaking field work.
The Chief Minister who is on a month-long tour of the
villages to understand first hand the problems of the people,
announced that the village-to-village tour would be made an
The CM cautioned field officers against preparing
estimates without understanding the ground realities. He
advised them to personally undertake field trips and study the
feasibility of projects before preparing estimates.
The project implemented should be "transparent in every
aspect" as the people have every right to know about the
schemes being implemented in their areas and public hearing of
the projects should be made mandatory in the Gram Sabha before
undertaking field work, he said.
Interacting with the people of Duga, Pachak, Central
Pendam and Saku villages in East Sikkim, Chamling said that
the various demands received from the public during his tour
and sanctioned by him would be brought before the coming
monsoon session of the Assembly.
A compilation of the demands will be brought out in the
form of a book and sent to the Gram Panchayats, he added.
Talking about the present education system and its impact
on society, Chamling said that the system of education has
become a medium of producing doctors, engineers and
professionals and not value based, as it should be.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog