Chargesheet against army engineer submitted in CBI
Shillong: The CBI has submitted a chargesheet in the designated court against an army engineer for allegedly accepting a bribe for construction work at the Umroi Military Station near here.
"We have submitted a chargesheet in the court of the Special Judge, CBI, after completion of investigation of the case," CBI officials said here today.
Major Mohan Singh, an assistant Garrison Engineer (Independent) at the Umroi Military Station, Barapani, was arrested by the CBI in March for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 25,000 for issuance of Acceptance Letters for two construction works, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon