Chargesheet against army engineer submitted in CBI
Shillong: The CBI has submitted a chargesheet in the designated court against an army engineer for allegedly accepting a bribe for construction work at the Umroi Military Station near here.
"We have submitted a chargesheet in the court of the Special Judge, CBI, after completion of investigation of the case," CBI officials said here today.
Major Mohan Singh, an assistant Garrison Engineer (Independent) at the Umroi Military Station, Barapani, was arrested by the CBI in March for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 25,000 for issuance of Acceptance Letters for two construction works, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post