Chargesheet against army engineer submitted in CBI
Shillong: The CBI has submitted a chargesheet in the designated court against an army engineer for allegedly accepting a bribe for construction work at the Umroi Military Station near here.
"We have submitted a chargesheet in the court of the Special Judge, CBI, after completion of investigation of the case," CBI officials said here today.
Major Mohan Singh, an assistant Garrison Engineer (Independent) at the Umroi Military Station, Barapani, was arrested by the CBI in March for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 25,000 for issuance of Acceptance Letters for two construction works, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir