Chargesheet against army engineer submitted in CBI
Shillong: The CBI has submitted a chargesheet in the designated court against an army engineer for allegedly accepting a bribe for construction work at the Umroi Military Station near here.
"We have submitted a chargesheet in the court of the Special Judge, CBI, after completion of investigation of the case," CBI officials said here today.
Major Mohan Singh, an assistant Garrison Engineer (Independent) at the Umroi Military Station, Barapani, was arrested by the CBI in March for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 25,000 for issuance of Acceptance Letters for two construction works, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred