Chidambaram postpones visit to Mizoram
Aizawl: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
on Monday postponed his visit Mizoram, state Home department
Chidambaram planned to visit villages in the Bangladesh
and Myanmar border areas during his one-day visit but as the
trial landing of helicopter failed in some places yesterday,
the Union Home minister postponed his visit, the sources said.
Chidambaran was also supposed to discuss the security
situation in Mizoram with Governor Lt General (retd) M M
Lakhera, chief minister Lal Thanhawla and other top state
Bru representatives in Mizoram were disappointed by the
non-arrival of the Union Home Minister today as they were
eagerly waiting for him at the Mizoram-Tripura border Damdiai
hamlet where he was proposed to land by a BSF helicopter and
discuss the solution to the vexed Bru problems with the
leaders of the community.
Officials said that though, his trip was yet to be
cancelled and was rescheduled for tomorrow, inclement weather
and the busy schedule of the Minister might lead to final
cancellation and even if he does come, he would visit only
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert