Chidambaram to oversee Bru refugees repatriation on May 18
Aizawl: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
would visit Mizoram on May 18 to personally oversee the
ongoing repatriation of Bru refugees from six relief camps in
Chidambaram during his visit to Mizoram on March 25 last
year had asked for completion of the repatriation process by
October, 2010 but the process is yet to be completed.
Official sources said the Bru repatriation issue was
discussed today at a meeting convened by state Home Minister R
Lalzirliana and attended by senior officials and
representatives of some NGOs.
None of the political parties of the state, barring the
ruling Congress, attended the meeting.
Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP), the apex Mizo student body which
had not been invited, had appealed to all political parties
and NGOs to boycott the meeting.
Security and other aspects of Chidambaram`s proposed
visit was discussed at a meeting convened by Mizoram home
secretary Lalmalsawma, DGP Lalrokhuma Pachuau and Assam
Riffles DIC Brig S K Verma and other senior officials today,
an official release said today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!
- Black money window: CBDT issues fresh FAQs; PAN mandatory
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives