Chidambaram to review law and order in Meghalaya
Shillong: A month after Centre deemed
Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) as a terrorist group,
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram would come here to review
law and order situation of Meghalaya on Sunday.
"The visit is aimed at discussing law and order
problem prevailing in the state," Chief Secretary W M S Pariat
said on Friday.
Chidambaram`s visit is significant since state
government`s strategies have not yielded desired result from
the security perspective especially in three impoverished Garo
Pariat said, "Various issues will also be discussed
with the Union Home Minister."
Meghalaya has three underground outfits, of which one,
ANVC, was under ceasefire agreement with Centre while HNLC has
been reduced in its strength by the state force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city