Chidambaram to review law and order in Meghalaya
Shillong: A month after Centre deemed
Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) as a terrorist group,
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram would come here to review
law and order situation of Meghalaya on Sunday.
"The visit is aimed at discussing law and order
problem prevailing in the state," Chief Secretary W M S Pariat
said on Friday.
Chidambaram`s visit is significant since state
government`s strategies have not yielded desired result from
the security perspective especially in three impoverished Garo
Pariat said, "Various issues will also be discussed
with the Union Home Minister."
Meghalaya has three underground outfits, of which one,
ANVC, was under ceasefire agreement with Centre while HNLC has
been reduced in its strength by the state force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?