Chidambaram to visit Reang camps
Agartala: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
would on February 18 visit camps of Reangs displaced from
Mizoram and now residing in Kanchanpur subdivision of North
Official sources said on Monday that Chidamabarm would speak to
the Reang evacuees and also to government officials of Mizoram
and assess the problems of repatriation.
More than 35000 Reangs are sheltered in six evacuee
camps at Kanchanpur after they migrated from Mizoram following
bloody ethnic clashes with Mizos in 1997.
The sources said a high-level delegation of the Central
government headed by Union Home Secretary R K Singh would
arrive here a day ahead of Chidambaram and hold meetings with
Tripura Chief Secretary S K Panda and officials from Tripura
and Mizoram governments to assess the problems of repatriation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?