Chidambaram to visit Reang camps
Agartala: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
would on February 18 visit camps of Reangs displaced from
Mizoram and now residing in Kanchanpur subdivision of North
Official sources said on Monday that Chidamabarm would speak to
the Reang evacuees and also to government officials of Mizoram
and assess the problems of repatriation.
More than 35000 Reangs are sheltered in six evacuee
camps at Kanchanpur after they migrated from Mizoram following
bloody ethnic clashes with Mizos in 1997.
The sources said a high-level delegation of the Central
government headed by Union Home Secretary R K Singh would
arrive here a day ahead of Chidambaram and hold meetings with
Tripura Chief Secretary S K Panda and officials from Tripura
and Mizoram governments to assess the problems of repatriation
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali