Chidambaram to visit Tawang today
Guwahati: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram will visit Tawang on the Sino-Indian border to review the development projects along the frontier areas on Friday.
During his day-long visit, Chidambaram will inaugurate a rope-way and the new Deputy Commissioner``s office.
According to sources, Chidambaram, who arrived Guwahati last night, will take stock of the development projects with local officials.
Chidambaram’s Arunachal Pradesh visit in less than a fortnight of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao’s tour is being seen as India’s strong assertion of sovereignty in the Tawang region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31