Chidambaram to visit Tawang today
Guwahati: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram will visit Tawang on the Sino-Indian border to review the development projects along the frontier areas on Friday.
During his day-long visit, Chidambaram will inaugurate a rope-way and the new Deputy Commissioner``s office.
According to sources, Chidambaram, who arrived Guwahati last night, will take stock of the development projects with local officials.
Chidambaram’s Arunachal Pradesh visit in less than a fortnight of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao’s tour is being seen as India’s strong assertion of sovereignty in the Tawang region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Honorary Fellowship awarded to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in UK
- MSc-PhD in chemical, molecular biology to be offered by IIT-Kharagpur, IACS
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley cuts short China visit
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has moved on already! Here's proof
- Last rites of martyred CRPF inspector performed in Thiruvananthapuram