Chidambaram to visit Tawang today
Guwahati: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram will visit Tawang on the Sino-Indian border to review the development projects along the frontier areas on Friday.
During his day-long visit, Chidambaram will inaugurate a rope-way and the new Deputy Commissioner``s office.
According to sources, Chidambaram, who arrived Guwahati last night, will take stock of the development projects with local officials.
Chidambaram’s Arunachal Pradesh visit in less than a fortnight of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao’s tour is being seen as India’s strong assertion of sovereignty in the Tawang region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy