Chidambaram`s visit to Arunachal postponed
Itanagar: The visit of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram to Arunachal Pradesh has been postponed on Thursday due to inclement weather.
Officials said here today that if the weather permits, Chidambaram would visit Arunachal tomorrow.
It has been raining in Arunachal for the past fortnight.
Chidambaram was to arrive by helicopter today at the Buddhist town of Tawang, close to the Sino-Indian border, on a four-day visit to the state.
He was also to visit Tirap and Changlang districts, declared disturbed under the Armed Forces Special Power Act, besides the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 247 as rescuers desperately search for survivors
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down