Chidambaram`s visit to Arunachal postponed
Itanagar: The visit of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram to Arunachal Pradesh has been postponed on Thursday due to inclement weather.
Officials said here today that if the weather permits, Chidambaram would visit Arunachal tomorrow.
It has been raining in Arunachal for the past fortnight.
Chidambaram was to arrive by helicopter today at the Buddhist town of Tawang, close to the Sino-Indian border, on a four-day visit to the state.
He was also to visit Tirap and Changlang districts, declared disturbed under the Armed Forces Special Power Act, besides the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today