Chidambaram`s visit to Arunachal postponed
Itanagar: The visit of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram to Arunachal Pradesh has been postponed on Thursday due to inclement weather.
Officials said here today that if the weather permits, Chidambaram would visit Arunachal tomorrow.
It has been raining in Arunachal for the past fortnight.
Chidambaram was to arrive by helicopter today at the Buddhist town of Tawang, close to the Sino-Indian border, on a four-day visit to the state.
He was also to visit Tirap and Changlang districts, declared disturbed under the Armed Forces Special Power Act, besides the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar