`Child, forced marriage of girls prevalent in Arunachal`
Itanagar: Incidence of child and forced marriage of girls has come down in Arunachal Pradesh, but not to the desired level, the State Commission for Women has said.
"Even though there is massive intervention to stop such marriages, these cases have not dropped to a desirable level in the state," the commission`s chairperson, Gumri Ringu, said here yesterday.
The maximum cases of child and forced marriages were reported in the Kurung Kumey and East Kameng districts, she said.
The commission has settled 118 cases between September 2011 and July 17 of this year, most of them related to child and forced marriage, polygamy and domestic violence, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report