Chinese youth`s interrogation still on: Police
Itanagar: Police today said the interrogation
of a Chinese national, arrested for travelling without valid
documents in Arunachal Pradesh, by Army and central
intelligence agencies including RAW is still continuing.
"We don`t know how long the joint interrogation will
continue. We don`t know anything about the progress of the
interrogation," Lohit SP I Pertin said.
28-year-old Guan Liang was arrested at Digaru ghat in
Arunachal`s Tezu district on May 18 after locals alerted the
police, suspecting him to be a spy.
He had said hounded by the Chinese police he entered
Aunachal through Kibithu in April.
"As far as we are concerned, Guan has been booked under
the Foreigners Act and we will present him in court from time
to time," Pertin said.
Guan had claimed that he was a dissident and had
protested "secret killings" by Chinese authorities and was
seeking asylum in India.
"I came to India because everybody knows that India is
a democratic country and respects human rights. I want to work
for political freedom of China," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...