Chit fund: Tripura CM slams Centre for not enacting law
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Wednesday slammed the Centre for not enacting a uniform law for controlling chit fund companies which operate after getting license from central government.
"The chit fund groups launch their business in various states by obtaining license from various bodies of the central government and they identify themselves as the micro-finance groups. So, it becomes difficult for the states to take action against them," Sarkar told reporters here.
"It should be the responsibility of the central government to enact a uniform law to regulate them. Despite our repeated requests to the central government they did not enact any such rules," said Sarkar, also a senior CPI(M) leader.
Sarkar, who is also the Home Minister of the state, said his government was keeping a close surveillance on the functioning of the chit funds in the state and had enacted a rule for protection of the depositors.
Sarkar, who had just returned from Delhi, held meeting with Finance Minister Badal Chowdhury and the Finance Secretary and asked them to keep vigil on the chit fund companies.
Meanwhile, many agents of Saradha groups and their depositors yesterday lodged complaints with the police here and West Tripura District Magistrate that the commission of the agents were not being paid and depositors` money not being returned with benefits.
The police said they would take action on the basis of the complaints.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!