Chopper ride for Durga Puja revellers in Tripura
Agartala: The Tripura government will launch helicopter rides from Monday for Durga Puja revellers and sightseers to enable them get an aerial view of tourist spots and puja celebrations in Agartala, an official said here Sunday.
The chopper service, being operated by state-owned Tripura Road Transport Corporation (TRTC), will later be extended to other parts of the state.
"For 30-minute sightseeing and witnessing Durga Puja, per head fare for an adult is just Rs.700 and for children below 12 years it is Rs.500," TRTC managing director Rabindra Reang said.
"The joy ride would be conducted in eight-seater double-engine choppers of the Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd (PHHL). The sky ride would be till Oct 26."
The fare is subsidised by the state government.
"Subsequently, the tour through helicopter would be initiated in the district towns and other areas of the state," the official added.
India`s lone national helicopter company PHHL has been operating services for the past ten years in the interior areas of Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram with the union home ministry subsidising fares by up to 75 percent.
In view of the intelligence reports about militants and anti-social elements sneaking into the northeastern states from across the border during the festivities, tight security measures have been taken.
CCTVs (close circuit television) cameras and door-frame metal detectors have been installed near the puja pandals and in sensitive locations.
With a little increase over last year, at least 2,151 community Durga Pujas have been organised in Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore