Chopper ride for Durga Puja revellers in Tripura
Agartala: The Tripura government will launch helicopter rides from Monday for Durga Puja revellers and sightseers to enable them get an aerial view of tourist spots and puja celebrations in Agartala, an official said here Sunday.
The chopper service, being operated by state-owned Tripura Road Transport Corporation (TRTC), will later be extended to other parts of the state.
"For 30-minute sightseeing and witnessing Durga Puja, per head fare for an adult is just Rs.700 and for children below 12 years it is Rs.500," TRTC managing director Rabindra Reang said.
"The joy ride would be conducted in eight-seater double-engine choppers of the Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd (PHHL). The sky ride would be till Oct 26."
The fare is subsidised by the state government.
"Subsequently, the tour through helicopter would be initiated in the district towns and other areas of the state," the official added.
India`s lone national helicopter company PHHL has been operating services for the past ten years in the interior areas of Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram with the union home ministry subsidising fares by up to 75 percent.
In view of the intelligence reports about militants and anti-social elements sneaking into the northeastern states from across the border during the festivities, tight security measures have been taken.
CCTVs (close circuit television) cameras and door-frame metal detectors have been installed near the puja pandals and in sensitive locations.
With a little increase over last year, at least 2,151 community Durga Pujas have been organised in Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!