Chopper ride for Durga Puja revellers in Tripura
Agartala: The Tripura government will launch helicopter rides from Monday for Durga Puja revellers and sightseers to enable them get an aerial view of tourist spots and puja celebrations in Agartala, an official said here Sunday.
The chopper service, being operated by state-owned Tripura Road Transport Corporation (TRTC), will later be extended to other parts of the state.
"For 30-minute sightseeing and witnessing Durga Puja, per head fare for an adult is just Rs.700 and for children below 12 years it is Rs.500," TRTC managing director Rabindra Reang said.
"The joy ride would be conducted in eight-seater double-engine choppers of the Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd (PHHL). The sky ride would be till Oct 26."
The fare is subsidised by the state government.
"Subsequently, the tour through helicopter would be initiated in the district towns and other areas of the state," the official added.
India`s lone national helicopter company PHHL has been operating services for the past ten years in the interior areas of Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram with the union home ministry subsidising fares by up to 75 percent.
In view of the intelligence reports about militants and anti-social elements sneaking into the northeastern states from across the border during the festivities, tight security measures have been taken.
CCTVs (close circuit television) cameras and door-frame metal detectors have been installed near the puja pandals and in sensitive locations.
With a little increase over last year, at least 2,151 community Durga Pujas have been organised in Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015