Chopper services to be extended to far flung areas: Arunachal CM
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government has decided to extend helicopter services to far-flung inaccessible areas of the state which are devoid of proper road communication, for transporting passengers as well as essential commodities, including life-saving drugs.
"We are going to extend very soon the helicopter services to the remote and far-flung district and administrative headquarters such as Anini, Anjaw, Mechuka, Yingkiong and Tuting which are not having good road communication or facing communication bottleneck," Chief Minister Nabam Tuki informed the assembly today.
While replying to a supplementary question from BJP member Tamiyo Taga, the chief minister also holds the Minister in-charge of Civil Aviation said the government`s latest decision came nearly two months after re-introduction of the Pawan Hans (MI-172 type) helicopter services on the Naharlagun-Mohanbari route and the selection of another aircraft operator, Deccan Charters Pvt Ltd, which is all set to induct a MI-172 helicopter on the Guwahati-Tawang sector shortly.
The helicopter services had remained suspended in the state for more than one-and-half-years following the tragic demise of former CM Dorjee Khandu in a Pawan Hans chopper crash in Tawang district on April 30, 2011.
To another supplementary from Congress member Wangki Lowang, the CM told the House that the government was trying to give air connectivity to all the districts "on need base" adding that government could introduce the chopper services for Khonsa and Longding which are well connected with roads, once in a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks