Chotisuh Sazo elected Nagaland assembly speaker
Kohima: Chotisuh Sazo was today elected as the Speaker of the 12th Nagaland Legislative Assembly.
Protem Speaker Namri Nchang declared Sazo as the Speaker uncontested.
Nchang also administered the oath and affirmation of the House to the 59 MLAs in the 60-seat Assembly.
Sazo, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, assured to make honest endeavour to protect the rights, dignity and privileges of the members of the state Assembly.
"I will also be fair, impartial and judicious to all in the conduct of the Assembly," he said while asserting that party affiliation cannot diminish the hope of the people.
Maintaining that the resolution of Naga political issue tops the treasury bench, Leader of the House Neiphiu Rio appealed to the newly elected Speaker to guide the House and create platform that will continue towards realisation of lasting peace in Nagaland and achieve progress and development for the younger generation.
- 33 rescued lions arrive in South Africa in airlift
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation