Chotisuh Sazo elected Nagaland assembly speaker
Kohima: Chotisuh Sazo was today elected as the Speaker of the 12th Nagaland Legislative Assembly.
Protem Speaker Namri Nchang declared Sazo as the Speaker uncontested.
Nchang also administered the oath and affirmation of the House to the 59 MLAs in the 60-seat Assembly.
Sazo, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, assured to make honest endeavour to protect the rights, dignity and privileges of the members of the state Assembly.
"I will also be fair, impartial and judicious to all in the conduct of the Assembly," he said while asserting that party affiliation cannot diminish the hope of the people.
Maintaining that the resolution of Naga political issue tops the treasury bench, Leader of the House Neiphiu Rio appealed to the newly elected Speaker to guide the House and create platform that will continue towards realisation of lasting peace in Nagaland and achieve progress and development for the younger generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur