Chotisuh Sazo elected Nagaland House Speaker
Kohima: Chotisuh Sazo was Thursday elected as the Speaker of the 12th Nagaland Legislative Assembly.
Protem Speaker Namri Nchang declared Sazo as the Speaker uncontested.
Nchang also administered the oath and affirmation of the House to the 59 MLAs in the 60-seat Assembly.
Sazo, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, assured to make honest endeavour to protect the rights, dignity and privileges of the members of the state Assembly.
"I will also be fair, impartial and judicious to all in the conduct of the Assembly," he said while asserting that party affiliation cannot diminish the hope of the people.
Maintaining that the resolution of Naga political issue tops the treasury bench, Leader of the House Neiphiu Rio appealed to the newly elected Speaker to guide the House and create platform that will continue towards realisation of lasting peace in Nagaland and achieve progress and development for the younger generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert