Chotisuh Sazo elected Nagaland House Speaker
Kohima: Chotisuh Sazo was Thursday elected as the Speaker of the 12th Nagaland Legislative Assembly.
Protem Speaker Namri Nchang declared Sazo as the Speaker uncontested.
Nchang also administered the oath and affirmation of the House to the 59 MLAs in the 60-seat Assembly.
Sazo, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, assured to make honest endeavour to protect the rights, dignity and privileges of the members of the state Assembly.
"I will also be fair, impartial and judicious to all in the conduct of the Assembly," he said while asserting that party affiliation cannot diminish the hope of the people.
Maintaining that the resolution of Naga political issue tops the treasury bench, Leader of the House Neiphiu Rio appealed to the newly elected Speaker to guide the House and create platform that will continue towards realisation of lasting peace in Nagaland and achieve progress and development for the younger generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena