Chotisuh Sazo elected Nagaland House Speaker
Kohima: Chotisuh Sazo was Thursday elected as the Speaker of the 12th Nagaland Legislative Assembly.
Protem Speaker Namri Nchang declared Sazo as the Speaker uncontested.
Nchang also administered the oath and affirmation of the House to the 59 MLAs in the 60-seat Assembly.
Sazo, a Naga People`s Front (NPF) MLA, assured to make honest endeavour to protect the rights, dignity and privileges of the members of the state Assembly.
"I will also be fair, impartial and judicious to all in the conduct of the Assembly," he said while asserting that party affiliation cannot diminish the hope of the people.
Maintaining that the resolution of Naga political issue tops the treasury bench, Leader of the House Neiphiu Rio appealed to the newly elected Speaker to guide the House and create platform that will continue towards realisation of lasting peace in Nagaland and achieve progress and development for the younger generation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!