Christmas celebrated peacefully across Mizoram
Aizawl: Christmas was celebrated on Wednesday all over Mizoram with religious fervour and joy. Prayer and worship services were held in churches by different church denominations, but the celebrations had kicked off since last evening with prayer and services in almost all churches and priests organising mass in Catholic churches.
Meanwhile, despite tightened security, a plethora of vehicular accidents were reported from some places in Aizawl, as well as some stray cases of drunken brawls.
Aizawl Civil Hospital sources said around 40 people out of about 150 brought to the Emergency department were involved in vehicular accidents.
Police rounded up a number of people involved in trouble making and drunken brawls, but released most of them by the morning.
Aizawl District SP L R Dingliana Sailo said barring a few incidents of vehicular accidents causing minor injuries, Christmas celebrations in Aizawl was peaceful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees