Christmas celebrated peacefully across Mizoram
Aizawl: Christmas was celebrated on Wednesday all over Mizoram with religious fervour and joy. Prayer and worship services were held in churches by different church denominations, but the celebrations had kicked off since last evening with prayer and services in almost all churches and priests organising mass in Catholic churches.
Meanwhile, despite tightened security, a plethora of vehicular accidents were reported from some places in Aizawl, as well as some stray cases of drunken brawls.
Aizawl Civil Hospital sources said around 40 people out of about 150 brought to the Emergency department were involved in vehicular accidents.
Police rounded up a number of people involved in trouble making and drunken brawls, but released most of them by the morning.
Aizawl District SP L R Dingliana Sailo said barring a few incidents of vehicular accidents causing minor injuries, Christmas celebrations in Aizawl was peaceful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre