Christmas celebrated peacefully across Mizoram
Aizawl: Christmas was celebrated on Wednesday all over Mizoram with religious fervour and joy. Prayer and worship services were held in churches by different church denominations, but the celebrations had kicked off since last evening with prayer and services in almost all churches and priests organising mass in Catholic churches.
Meanwhile, despite tightened security, a plethora of vehicular accidents were reported from some places in Aizawl, as well as some stray cases of drunken brawls.
Aizawl Civil Hospital sources said around 40 people out of about 150 brought to the Emergency department were involved in vehicular accidents.
Police rounded up a number of people involved in trouble making and drunken brawls, but released most of them by the morning.
Aizawl District SP L R Dingliana Sailo said barring a few incidents of vehicular accidents causing minor injuries, Christmas celebrations in Aizawl was peaceful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!