Chujachen hydro-project ready for commissioning
Gangtok: The 99 MW Chujachen hydro-electric power project which was started in 2004 in Sikkim is now ready for commissioning .
Gati Infrastructure, zonal manager Khabrani said today that they are presently testing all components of the Chujachen hydro-power project for final commissioning and once completed, the government will be asked to inaugurate it.
The Chujachen project comprises two dams, one at Rangpo at height 48.5m and one in Rongli with a dam height of 41m. The two dams will generate 49.5 MW each adding up to a total of 99 MW.
There are three Head Race Tunnels at Rongli and at Rangpo and one common for the two dams.
The original cost of the project was Rs 448.76 crore which has been revised to Rs 1,044.50 crore.
Sikkim government is expected to get 14 per cent free power from the project and also earn Rs 20 crore per annum in revenue, sources said.
It is expected that with the commissioning of this project, the power woes of Sikkim will be further alleviated, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning