Chujachen hydro-project ready for commissioning
Gangtok: The 99 MW Chujachen hydro-electric power project which was started in 2004 in Sikkim is now ready for commissioning .
Gati Infrastructure, zonal manager Khabrani said today that they are presently testing all components of the Chujachen hydro-power project for final commissioning and once completed, the government will be asked to inaugurate it.
The Chujachen project comprises two dams, one at Rangpo at height 48.5m and one in Rongli with a dam height of 41m. The two dams will generate 49.5 MW each adding up to a total of 99 MW.
There are three Head Race Tunnels at Rongli and at Rangpo and one common for the two dams.
The original cost of the project was Rs 448.76 crore which has been revised to Rs 1,044.50 crore.
Sikkim government is expected to get 14 per cent free power from the project and also earn Rs 20 crore per annum in revenue, sources said.
It is expected that with the commissioning of this project, the power woes of Sikkim will be further alleviated, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM