Civilian driver accompanying army team kidnapped
Tezpur: A civilian driver accompanying an army team during an anti-insurgency operation was kidnapped by NDFB militants in Sonitpur district along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, police said Wednesday.
The driver, who was identified as Sukumar Das, had accompanied three army jawans in a search for extremists in Gohpur area of the district last night when four motor-cycle borne ultras forcibly took him away.
The kidnapping was later reported to the authorities by the jawans today, the police said.
District additional superintendent of police P K Nath has rushed to the spot and launched a search operation to rescue the driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender