Civilian driver accompanying army team kidnapped
Tezpur: A civilian driver accompanying an army team during an anti-insurgency operation was kidnapped by NDFB militants in Sonitpur district along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, police said Wednesday.
The driver, who was identified as Sukumar Das, had accompanied three army jawans in a search for extremists in Gohpur area of the district last night when four motor-cycle borne ultras forcibly took him away.
The kidnapping was later reported to the authorities by the jawans today, the police said.
District additional superintendent of police P K Nath has rushed to the spot and launched a search operation to rescue the driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript