Civilian driver accompanying army team kidnapped
Tezpur: A civilian driver accompanying an army team during an anti-insurgency operation was kidnapped by NDFB militants in Sonitpur district along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, police said Wednesday.
The driver, who was identified as Sukumar Das, had accompanied three army jawans in a search for extremists in Gohpur area of the district last night when four motor-cycle borne ultras forcibly took him away.
The kidnapping was later reported to the authorities by the jawans today, the police said.
District additional superintendent of police P K Nath has rushed to the spot and launched a search operation to rescue the driver.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses