Civilian driver accompanying army team kidnapped
Tezpur: A civilian driver accompanying an army team during an anti-insurgency operation was kidnapped by NDFB militants in Sonitpur district along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, police said Wednesday.
The driver, who was identified as Sukumar Das, had accompanied three army jawans in a search for extremists in Gohpur area of the district last night when four motor-cycle borne ultras forcibly took him away.
The kidnapping was later reported to the authorities by the jawans today, the police said.
District additional superintendent of police P K Nath has rushed to the spot and launched a search operation to rescue the driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?