Close shave for 26 babies in Assam hospital fire
Jorhat (Assam): Twenty-six new born babies
had a miraculous escape early Tuesday morning when a fire broke
out in the special care unit at the Jorhat Medical College.
Hospital authorities said the fire broke out in the
special care unit for new born babies at around 3 am. Patients
and attendants in the hospital raised an alarm and the babies
were immediately shifted to a separate ward.
The fire has been blamed on a short circuit in a machine
in the radial warmer unit.
Principal of Jorhat Medical College and Hospital Dr
Dhurbajyoti Borah said an inquiry has instituted to find the
reason behind the short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY