Close shave for 26 babies in Assam hospital fire
Jorhat (Assam): Twenty-six new born babies
had a miraculous escape early Tuesday morning when a fire broke
out in the special care unit at the Jorhat Medical College.
Hospital authorities said the fire broke out in the
special care unit for new born babies at around 3 am. Patients
and attendants in the hospital raised an alarm and the babies
were immediately shifted to a separate ward.
The fire has been blamed on a short circuit in a machine
in the radial warmer unit.
Principal of Jorhat Medical College and Hospital Dr
Dhurbajyoti Borah said an inquiry has instituted to find the
reason behind the short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt