Close shave for 26 babies in Assam hospital fire
Jorhat (Assam): Twenty-six new born babies
had a miraculous escape early Tuesday morning when a fire broke
out in the special care unit at the Jorhat Medical College.
Hospital authorities said the fire broke out in the
special care unit for new born babies at around 3 am. Patients
and attendants in the hospital raised an alarm and the babies
were immediately shifted to a separate ward.
The fire has been blamed on a short circuit in a machine
in the radial warmer unit.
Principal of Jorhat Medical College and Hospital Dr
Dhurbajyoti Borah said an inquiry has instituted to find the
reason behind the short circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Merkel in no hurry for Britain to trigger EU exit process
- Lalchand Rajput appointed as the coach of Afghanistan cricket team
- Subramanian Swamy makes explosive claims, says Kejriwal didn't get rank in IIT, Sonia wanted Emergency in 2012
- I'm going nowhere, says UK opposition leader Corbyn
- Shocking! 13-year-old girl raped, set ablaze in Rajasthan