CM urges Gowda to expedite probe in Loitam death
Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh has urged his Karnataka counterpart DV Sadananda Gowda to expedite investigation into the mysterious death of Manipuri student in a Bangalore college hostel last month, official sources said on Sunday.
Singh had asked Gowda to personally look into the matter on the sidelines of the chief ministers` meeting on National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) at New Delhi on Friday.
Gowda assured Singh that all steps would be taken by his government to probe the death of Richard Loitam (19), a second year student of architecture at a private college in Bangalore on April 19.
There have been protests against the incident by students and social organisations in Manipur in the past two weeks. Protest rallies were held in Bangalore and in New Delhi to seek justice for Loitam.
Official sources here today said Senior Superintendent of Police P Dhanakumar has reached Bangalore to probe the matter jointly with the Karnataka Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP