CM urges Gowda to expedite probe in Loitam death
Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh has urged his Karnataka counterpart DV Sadananda Gowda to expedite investigation into the mysterious death of Manipuri student in a Bangalore college hostel last month, official sources said on Sunday.
Singh had asked Gowda to personally look into the matter on the sidelines of the chief ministers` meeting on National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) at New Delhi on Friday.
Gowda assured Singh that all steps would be taken by his government to probe the death of Richard Loitam (19), a second year student of architecture at a private college in Bangalore on April 19.
There have been protests against the incident by students and social organisations in Manipur in the past two weeks. Protest rallies were held in Bangalore and in New Delhi to seek justice for Loitam.
Official sources here today said Senior Superintendent of Police P Dhanakumar has reached Bangalore to probe the matter jointly with the Karnataka Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon