CM urges Gowda to expedite probe in Loitam death
Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh has urged his Karnataka counterpart DV Sadananda Gowda to expedite investigation into the mysterious death of Manipuri student in a Bangalore college hostel last month, official sources said on Sunday.
Singh had asked Gowda to personally look into the matter on the sidelines of the chief ministers` meeting on National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC) at New Delhi on Friday.
Gowda assured Singh that all steps would be taken by his government to probe the death of Richard Loitam (19), a second year student of architecture at a private college in Bangalore on April 19.
There have been protests against the incident by students and social organisations in Manipur in the past two weeks. Protest rallies were held in Bangalore and in New Delhi to seek justice for Loitam.
Official sources here today said Senior Superintendent of Police P Dhanakumar has reached Bangalore to probe the matter jointly with the Karnataka Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research
- Italy earthquake death toll rises to 247 as rescuers desperately search for survivors
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down