`CM will be responsible for inaction on job scam`
Shillong: Opposition Nationalist Peoples Party in Meghalaya Monday said Chief Minister Mukul Sangma would be held responsible if he did not take action against his cabinet colleagues allegedly involved in the job scam unearthed by CBI.
"The chief minister should realise the importance of the issue and take action against those involved in manipulation of marks," Leader of the Opposition and NPP leader Conrad K Sangma told reporters.
"It will set a bad precedent to defend the guilty and the chief minister will be responsible if he does not take action," he said.
Criticising Sangma for seeking a report from the chief secretary on how CBI report was leaked to the media, Conrad said the chief minister should "avoid shooting the messenger."
The CBI report named some ministers and legislators whose recommendations were taken into consideration while selecting candidates for the post of assistant teachers in government lower primary schools two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand