`CM will be responsible for inaction on job scam`
Shillong: Opposition Nationalist Peoples Party in Meghalaya Monday said Chief Minister Mukul Sangma would be held responsible if he did not take action against his cabinet colleagues allegedly involved in the job scam unearthed by CBI.
"The chief minister should realise the importance of the issue and take action against those involved in manipulation of marks," Leader of the Opposition and NPP leader Conrad K Sangma told reporters.
"It will set a bad precedent to defend the guilty and the chief minister will be responsible if he does not take action," he said.
Criticising Sangma for seeking a report from the chief secretary on how CBI report was leaked to the media, Conrad said the chief minister should "avoid shooting the messenger."
The CBI report named some ministers and legislators whose recommendations were taken into consideration while selecting candidates for the post of assistant teachers in government lower primary schools two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog