CM`s announcement outside assembly draws flak
Shillong: The opposition NCP on Monday criticised Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma for announcing creation of three districts outside the assembly when the house was in session.
"It is an insult to the Members of the House to have making the statement outside," Leader of the Opposition Conrad K Sangma said while participating at the debate on Governor`s address in the Assembly today.
The chief minister had on Friday announced outside the assembly that the government had decided to upgrade three civil sub-divisions Khliehriat (Jaintia hills), Resulberpara (East Garo hills) and Ampati (West Garo hills) into full fledged districts.
The budget session of the assembly began with Governor R S Mooshahary`s address on Friday.
"The decision (to create new districts) was made by the chief minister without making proper assessment on the financial and human resources aspects while carving out new districts," the leader of the opposition said. He applauded the creation of two districts in trouble torn Garo Hills region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth