Co-driver of Bangladeshi truck goes missing in Tripura
Agartala: A co-driver of a Bangladeshi truck, carrying rice from Ashuganj port of that country to Tripura, has gone missing here, police said on Tuesday.
"Mohammad Soel Mia, 25, was missing since Monday afternoon. He was a co-driver of a Bangladeshi truck which carried rice from Ashuganj port to Tripura. Soel left immediately after his truck reached the FCI (Food Corporation of India) godowns at Nandannagar," police inspector Subrata Chakraborty told a news agency.
He said that the security forces along with state police have launched a massive search operation to locate the Bangladeshi youth.
For the first time, 5,000 tonnes of rice in small ships from Kakinada port in Andhra Pradesh reached Ashuganj river port in (eastern) Bangladesh via Kolkata port on August 05. From Ashuganj port, 40 km from Agartala, Bangladeshi trucks have been carrying the rice since August 07 to FCI warehouses in Nandannagar near here.
A Bangladeshi truck met with an accident here on August 11. The driver was injured and admitted to the government-run Govind Ballabh Pant Medical College and Hospital here. Subsequently he was released.
"For the first time, Bangladeshi trucks transported rice from Ashuganj port in Bangladesh directly to the FCI warehouse at Nandannagar," FCI general manager Bidol Tayeng told a news agency.
The usual practice was to shift contents from Bangladeshi trucks to Indian trucks just at the check post or along the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing