Coldest day of four decades in Agartala
Agartala: As the mercury dipped to 3.3 degrees Celsius, people of Agartala today experienced the coldest day of the last four decades, the MeT office said.
"The temperature recorded this morning was 3.3 degrees Celsius, 6.3 degrees below normal, making it a record in the last four decades," Dilip Saha, Director of Meteorological Department said.
"The lowest temperature at Agartala till now was 2 degrees Celsius recorded on December 30, 1972.
After that, today is the coldest day. Yesterday`s lowest temperature was at 4.6 degrees Celsius," he said.
The temperature in next 24 hours would remain like this, Saha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore