Combing operation being considered in Manipur district
Imphal: A massive combing operation will be launched in Manipur`s interior Tamenglong hill district following frequent clashes among various militant factions that resulted in the killing of civilians, official sources said on Wednesday.
Militant factions such as Zeliangrong United Front (ZUF), NSCN factions and other groups were operating in the district.
In the latest incident on June 21, two civilians and four militants were killed in an exchange of fire between ZUF and NSCN (K).
The sources said the authorities were considering to deploy the army, police and other forces during the combing operation, but a final decision was yet to be taken.
A high-level meeting presided over by Manipur Home Minister Gaikhangam yesterday reviewed the situation.
The meeting was attended by Director General of Police Y Joykumar, GOC 57 Mountain Division Maj Gen Binoy Poonen, home department officials and representatives from security agencies, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!