Confusion over Meghalaya Assembly timing
Shillong: Several legislators and
government officials had to wait for over an hour as the
budget session of the Meghalaya assembly commenced at 11 am
instead of the usual 10 o-clock without any official
With no official information available even from the
information and public relations department about the new
timings, a large number of MLAs, government officials
including those from the police department were all kept
guessing till the buzz spread that the house would re-assemble
at 11 am.
The matter was even raised inside the house by veteran
legislator Hopingstone Lyngdoh with members standing in
silence following obituary references and the speaker about to
announce adjournment of the House.
Even I came at 9.30 in the morning, Speaker Charles
The Speaker, however, drew the attention of the
members towards the fact that during the last budget session,
the Rules Committee had brought the matter to the notice of
the house and had even issued a bulletin on the new timings.
As for now, it’s an all-eleven affair as the 11-day
re-assembled budget session, which would commence from 11 am
every day is also scheduled to conclude on June 11 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29