Cong conspiring with ultras ahead of polls: CPI-M
Agartala: Ruling CPI-M on Monday said a conspiracy had been hatched against it by opposition Congress and a band of surrendered insurgents ahead of the February Assembly polls.
"Recently three surrendered insurgents of outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) were arrested on June 16 with Rs 25 lakh on them which they were to handover to NLFT chief, Biswamohan Debbarma in Bangladesh," CPI-M state secretary Bijan Dhar said.
"During interrogation they told the police that a tribal leader of opposition Congress with the help of surrendered insurgents had hatched a conspiracy to destabilise the Left Front government before the assembly elections," he said.
The NLFT insurgents had planned to organise serial blasts in the state similar to the one in 2008, Dhar alleged adding Congress was recruiting new insurgents in league with the surrendered ones so that they could help Congress snatch power in the next elections.
"Congress is acting as a traitor by recruiting new insurgents," he charged.
The outfit, he said, was shifting its base from Bangladesh following pressure from its security forces to Myanmar. The rebels were now using a part of Mizoram, bordering Tripura as thoroughfare to go to Myanmar and the matter was brought to the notice of the Centre.
Police said on the basis of confession of the arrested insurgents two more surrendered NLFT insurgents, who were involved in recruitment of insurgents and in extortion, were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India