Cong issues "charge sheet" against CPI-M govt in Tripura
New Delhi: After the Left`s ouster from West Bengal and Kerala, Congress` focus now seems to be on Tripura, the CPI-M`s last bastion going to polls early next year, with the party on Tuesday issuing a "charge sheet" against the government in the northeastern state.
Party leaders from the state released a "charge sheet" against the Manik Sarkar government at the AICC headquarters, highlighting "anarchy and 19 years misrule of Left Front in Tripura." PCC Chief Sudip Roy Burman was also present along with other state leaders.
The 51-page booklet released by senior leader Luisiano Faleiro, who is in-charge of party affairs in Tripura, alleged widespread corruption, nightmarish siphoning off of central funds besides nepotism and misgovernance in the state.
Accusing the government of systematically eliminating leaders and workers of Congress and other opposition parties as part of "Marxist political vendetta", Falerio said the government is practising "hostile discrimination" against the poor, minorities and backwards.
Asked about alliance with Trinamool Congress in the state, Faleiro said last time the Congress had a tie-up with that party and will take a decision at an appropriate time as the elections are due by February next year.
To a query as to why the Congress failed to dislodge the Left government if it was so bad, he pointed out that Congress polled only five per cent less votes than the Left in the last elections.
A delegation of the state Congress also met the Election Commission and expressed its apprehension about the fairness of the next Assembly polls saying that their past experience showed that the mandate of the people was never reflected in Tripura in last 20 years. "They turned all previous elections into a farce", Burman said.
The leaders said they have also written to the National Human Rights Commission and National Commission for Women and National Commission for Scheduled Tribes about the atrocities committed on various sections of society there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31