Cong stages demonstration in Tripura against LF
Agartala: The opposition Congress in
Tripura on Sunday staged demonstrations in different parts of the
state to protest against the alleged "misrule and collapse of
law and order situation in the state."
After the demonstration, AICC secretary P Joykumar said
people in the state were fed up with "misrule and collapse of
the law and order situation and nepotism of the ruling Left
"I have toured different parts of the state in last four
days and found that people are dissatisfied with the
performance of the Left Front Government," Joykumar said.
"Seven lakh youths in a state with a total population of
37 lakh are unemployed, 70 per cent people are living below
poverty line, the tribal council area which constitute 68 per
cent of the state territory is completely backward and
underdeveloped, so the pertinent question is that why people
would allow the Left Front government to continue in the state
which they ruled for last 18 years?", he asked.
Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee president Surajit
Datta said the rank and file of Congress was on a high spirit
following the recent poll debacles of the Left Front in West
Bengal and Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened