Cong stages demonstration in Tripura against LF
Agartala: The opposition Congress in
Tripura on Sunday staged demonstrations in different parts of the
state to protest against the alleged "misrule and collapse of
law and order situation in the state."
After the demonstration, AICC secretary P Joykumar said
people in the state were fed up with "misrule and collapse of
the law and order situation and nepotism of the ruling Left
"I have toured different parts of the state in last four
days and found that people are dissatisfied with the
performance of the Left Front Government," Joykumar said.
"Seven lakh youths in a state with a total population of
37 lakh are unemployed, 70 per cent people are living below
poverty line, the tribal council area which constitute 68 per
cent of the state territory is completely backward and
underdeveloped, so the pertinent question is that why people
would allow the Left Front government to continue in the state
which they ruled for last 18 years?", he asked.
Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee president Surajit
Datta said the rank and file of Congress was on a high spirit
following the recent poll debacles of the Left Front in West
Bengal and Kerala.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference