Cong workers asked to work unitedly for UPA`s success at polls
Kozhikode: Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Kumari Selja on Saturday asked party leaders and workers to work unitedly for the success for the UPA in the Lok Sabha polls.
Replying to felicitations accorded to her on her visit to the Kozhikode District Congress Committee office, Selja said the government-led by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the UPA-led by AICC President Sonia Gandhi was courageously moving forward facing all challenges.
Selja said AICC Vice-president Rahul Gandhi was doing appreciable work to democratise the election process in Congress and in the youth organisations.
Rahul was making efforts to bring congress and its youth organisations close to younger generations, she said, adding all congressmen should come forward and become a part in that effort.
Compared to other states Kerala Students Union (KSU) and Youth Congress are stronger in Kerala, she said.
Since Parliament elections are approaching fast, efforts should be made to reach the welfare activities undertaken by the government and its benefits among common people, Selja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested