Cong workers asked to work unitedly for UPA`s success at polls
Kozhikode: Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Kumari Selja on Saturday asked party leaders and workers to work unitedly for the success for the UPA in the Lok Sabha polls.
Replying to felicitations accorded to her on her visit to the Kozhikode District Congress Committee office, Selja said the government-led by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the UPA-led by AICC President Sonia Gandhi was courageously moving forward facing all challenges.
Selja said AICC Vice-president Rahul Gandhi was doing appreciable work to democratise the election process in Congress and in the youth organisations.
Rahul was making efforts to bring congress and its youth organisations close to younger generations, she said, adding all congressmen should come forward and become a part in that effort.
Compared to other states Kerala Students Union (KSU) and Youth Congress are stronger in Kerala, she said.
Since Parliament elections are approaching fast, efforts should be made to reach the welfare activities undertaken by the government and its benefits among common people, Selja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'