Congress, CPI-M have no commitment to people: Rajnath Singh
Kumarghat (North Tripura): BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday said the Congress and the CPI-M were close to each other in Parliament but neither had any commitment to people.
"Congress and CPI-M remain close in the Parliament and support each other. But none of them have any commitment to people, so they cannot provide good governance," Singh told a public meeting while campaigning for BJP candidates for the February 14 Assembly election in Tripura.
Singh alleged that Bangladeshi infiltrators were entering in large numbers in West Bengal and north eastern states including Assam and Tripura, but neither the Congress nor the CPI-M took any initiative to stop infiltration, which has become a big problem in the country.
These two parties are not serious about common people`s problems, he added.
"In BJP ruled states like Chhattishgarh and Karnataka, farmers are given interest-free loans, but in Tripura this facility is not available. As a result, development did not take place here," he said.
He appealed to the people to vote for the BJP for good governance, safety and security to the lives and property of people and respect and protection of women.
BJP has fielded 50 candidates in the election for the 60-member Assembly where it does not have any presence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala