Congress criticises LF for calling bandh
Agartala: The opposition Congress in Tripura Wednesday criticized the ruling Left Front for calling a dawn-to-dusk bandh tomorrow to protest the Central government’s decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail and said they would oppose the bandh.
"Tripura has nothing to do with FDI because the Congress led UPA government has given option to the state if they were eager to get benefit of it, they can implement it. No government was forced to implement it," Tripura Congress spokesman Ashok Sinha told reporters.
He alleged that the ruling Left Front dominated by CPI-M was trying to divert the attention of the people from their crisis by agitating people on `baseless issues` before the state assembly elections, due in February next.
"It is a party of old thoughts which always opposed reforms which could lead the state into a stronger economy and FDI is one such reform which shall bring huge foreign investment and benefits would go to the poor and farmers," he added.
He informed that Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) president Sudip Roy Barman has written a letter to AICC and Central government not to increase the price of gas cylinders as Tripura is geographically isolated and rail connectivity is poor.
Sinha said Congress would oppose tomorrows bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley