Congress making ULFA cadre killings poll issue, says Mahanta
Guwahati: Former Assam Chief Minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Wednesday accused the Congress-led state
government of trying to make the secret killings of ULFA
cadres during the erstwhile Asom Gana Parishad regime as an
Charging Tarun Gogoi for being allegedly involved in
the "secret killing", Mahanta, also the leader of the
opposition, demanded that a thorough probe should be ordered
to bring out the truth.
Mahanta alleged that Gogoi and his Congress government
was trying to accuse his erstwhile AGP government in "secret
killing" keeping an eye on the ensuing election and to protect
the party`s vote bank.
He alleged that the government had totally failed to
control law and order and check corruption, including the
multi-crore development fund scandal in North Cachar Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city