Congress making ULFA cadre killings poll issue, says Mahanta
Guwahati: Former Assam Chief Minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Wednesday accused the Congress-led state
government of trying to make the secret killings of ULFA
cadres during the erstwhile Asom Gana Parishad regime as an
Charging Tarun Gogoi for being allegedly involved in
the "secret killing", Mahanta, also the leader of the
opposition, demanded that a thorough probe should be ordered
to bring out the truth.
Mahanta alleged that Gogoi and his Congress government
was trying to accuse his erstwhile AGP government in "secret
killing" keeping an eye on the ensuing election and to protect
the party`s vote bank.
He alleged that the government had totally failed to
control law and order and check corruption, including the
multi-crore development fund scandal in North Cachar Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption