Congress making ULFA cadre killings poll issue, says Mahanta
Guwahati: Former Assam Chief Minister
Prafulla Kumar Mahanta on Wednesday accused the Congress-led state
government of trying to make the secret killings of ULFA
cadres during the erstwhile Asom Gana Parishad regime as an
Charging Tarun Gogoi for being allegedly involved in
the "secret killing", Mahanta, also the leader of the
opposition, demanded that a thorough probe should be ordered
to bring out the truth.
Mahanta alleged that Gogoi and his Congress government
was trying to accuse his erstwhile AGP government in "secret
killing" keeping an eye on the ensuing election and to protect
the party`s vote bank.
He alleged that the government had totally failed to
control law and order and check corruption, including the
multi-crore development fund scandal in North Cachar Hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda